Background

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Once Upon a December

"Blue Skies" outfits - my mom made these!!!
Wow, this last week has been a blur.  After spending every day but Sunday out at the Old Barn, White Christmas has finally opened!!! We have practically sold out every night! Saturday evening we had to bring extra chairs in because so many people came.  As people are leaving they tell us that they genuinely loved the show! :) Warm and fuzzies!! I'm glad that we still have several shows ahead and that school is winding down.
Me, Kallie (Judy Hanyes) and Devery









Debbi, Devery, me and Amber - Happy Holidays






Penny and Kallie (Haynes Sisters) Mother and Daughter
My mom also made these dresses
Along with that, I don't deal with change very well.  Particularly when it comes to saying good bye and things come to and end.  I'm starting to freak out that I will be done with classes on Friday and officially done with school on December 15 (that's the day of my last final). White Christmas will be over on December 17.  Seriously? I cannot handle everything ending at once.  Thankfully staying in touch with friends is fairly easy. It is hard for something to end when it's been a part of your life for 3 1/2 years (college) and the past 3 months (the show).  I am so grateful that my boss promised to let me continue to work during January, so I won't be completely ostracized after I graduate.  I probably should not focus on all of the "lasts" that will be happening in the future, but think about how many "firsts" opportunities I will have.

On Sunday December 4, I had the opportunities to go down to Salt Lake City and attend the First Presidency Christmas Devotional.  A huge shout out to Katlin Eyre for being willing to drive down with me to this very last minute decision. A friend offered me the tickets at 2 pm that day.  Haha, it was great. I LOVE the Christmas season! I love how this devotional always sets the right Christmas spirit, but focusing on the true spirit of Christmas - Christ.  I am so grateful that although I am facing many changes in my future that one thing will stay the same - the gospel of Jesus Christ and to know that my Heavenly Father loves me.

The Conference Center


No comments:

Post a Comment