Background

Monday, August 12, 2013

Abide with Me‏




12 August 2013

I honestly don't know where this last week went.  We had dinner with the Krawchuk's last Monday.  It was Ella's Birthday and she specially wanted us over for dinner.  She is a sweetheart.  We had CRAPES! Yummy!!!! It was amazing! She also wanted Cinnamon rolls instead of a birthday cake - needless to say I was in Heaven. :) After we got home Sister Krawchuk told us that one of Ella's cousin's commented that we weren't what he was expecting of missionaries - we were "normal". hahaha - yeah! Planting seeds by being examples - I love it!

We had a pretty good lesson with Mary last week.  It started off a little rough - distractions and we could tell she was a little off, but as soon as we sang a hymn it really helped to invite the spirit in.  We focused on prophets and why we need them.  We did this really cool visual and it made something "click" for Mary. :) We asked her about being baptized and she said that she is not there yet.  Some day- she will be.

Wednesday was Zone Conference - yeah! Sister Spencer and I sang "Nearer my God to Thee" and Elder Blackham wrote the arrangement.  He's a musical genius! We are planning on recording it today or tomorrow.  It's an amazing arrangement! Be excited! It was a little sadden during the Conference because it hit me that the end is coming soon. Sister Doty and Sister Harris kept telling me that I cannot leave and they are super sad that my time is about up. Ahhh!!! They are sooooo sweet!  We actually did weekly planning with them this week and they are AMAZING! Sister Training Leaders in the making. :) I love those Sisters so much!!!!

We went to YW's and two of the more less active girls came!!!!! We were super ecstatic to see them! Then on Thursday we were able to get in with one of them and we had a really really good lesson with her.  We tried to emphasis that people in the church aren't perfect, but you come to church for the Savior, not for people.

We went on exchanges with Sister Egbert and Sister Heslop.  I was with Sister Egbert - we were in my last zone together - so it was a blast.  She's amazing and super sweet! Sister Spencer and I felt that we should stop by Terry and Solomon that evening - so Sister Egbert and I did.  I LOVE THEM! They had company so we didn't stay long nor did we get a chance to share a message with them - but her friend was asking about missions and their little boys were ADORABLE! They kept showing off to us - these three year old boys were trying to break dance.  It was soooo cute!  We walked Mike and Mary's dogs- which I was a little scared of - just because walking three dogs is a little intimidating. Thankfully Heavenly Father heard our prayers and the dogs were very very very well behaved and we didn't have any problems with them.  We got in with a family that the ward has been concerned about.  I was just praying to know what we should share with them and we watched the Mormon Message "Mountains to Climb" which was PERFECT for them. :) I love it when I am in tune with the spirit.

Sunday Sister Spencer and I sang in sacrament meeting :) We sang "Abide with Me" - interesting how that was the song that Naomi played at my farewell - but I love it.  None of our investigators came to church :( we were both a little bummed about that...but what can you do?
That evening we felt that we needed to stop by one of the ward missionaries and ask them to come with us to our lesson with Mike and Mary on Tuesday, but they were not home.  While we were driving over their we saw some members out on a walk.  Since the ward missionaries were not home we felt that we should go and visit them instead.  It was a nice little visit - nothing spectacular - but who knows, maybe they needed it and that's why we were directed to go there.

I hope this week is amazing for everyone!!!! Loves!
-Sister Josie Douglass

No comments:

Post a Comment