No, the subject has nothing to do with kissing Elders at the MTC. It is an acronym for Keep It Simple Silly. I actually don't know what the second S stands for but oh well. That is one of the lessons that I have been taught this week. Keep the gospel simple when teaching it. I feel that a General Authority said there is power in simplicity...don't quote me on that. We really hit home our purpose as missionaries (Read Preach My Gospel pg. 1). We INVITE others to COME unto Christ by TEACHING the restored gospel and to have FAITH in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, to be BAPTIZED, RECIEVE the gift of the Holy Ghost, and ENDURE to the end. I hope I wrote that correctly. The words in allcaps are the action words that we and the investigators must do.
Someone in the Branch Presidency told us this "Life is hard by the yard but a sinch by the inch." Hehe, this is me. Actually I have been pretty good about not planning my life out three months in advance. I did have a little freak out yesterday, not in a bad way, I was just frustrated that I could not concentrate during personal study time. I think in the back of my mind I am a little anxious about leaving next week. We have to be ready to leave to the SLC Airport at 3 in the morning. Oh goodie. And I am the mission travel leader. Bleh. Why not let the Sister from Canada going back to Canada be in charge of getting us to Canada? Haha, I will have to go to the immigration line. Yeah! Please pray for me that I will keep my head on that day (March 6) and I will be alert and attentive when meeting Pres. Archibald.
I have been learning a lot about how we need to love everyone, especially our investigators and to help them to feel the love of our Savior. It has been really neat in our teaching seeing the light in our "investigators" eyes light up. There was one sister we taught, I think she may have been a member, but she just looked so lost and broken. We taught her about the Restoration, but I just prayed that she would feel of our Saviors love for her.
I have seen so many tender mercies while in the MTC. I was rather sad about missing Jackson's birthday, but then we watched the Devo by President Bednar and he talked about putting off the natural man of wanting to turn inward and having the Character of Christ and turing outward. I know that I will miss everyone, but the best solution for homesickness is service and work. Besides, I will be back home next summer.
I will end with a funny story. So Sister Mazzolini has a South African accent, not super strong, but it's there. (Watch Invictus, you will understand) She was talking about how "Our goal as missionaries..." yeah...the Elders in my District heard "Al Gore's Missionaries...." Hahaha, we didn't know Al Gore was taking the discussions. :) I love my district so much and I am really sad that we will be going our different ways next week.
Love you all!!! Next time I write I will be in Canada!!!
-Sister Douglass
No comments:
Post a Comment