This last week WHAM got a cold out of no where and it was really bad. I got a blessing Tuesday and I felt so much better. I was given strength to continue missionary work even though I still had cold symptoms throughout the week. We had a fantastic lesson with Brother Cranmer this week. We started off with Lesson 2 - Plan of Salvation which then turned into The Gospel of Jesus Christ - Lesson 3. I think we're going to ready Enos with him. We'll see what Thursday brings. Overall it was probably the best lesson I've had with him. It was so fantastic.
Guess what!?! Sister Nielson and I finally have really, really good potential investigators!!! Collin Hill has been married to a member for at least four or five years...not sure, but he told the Bishop that he is wants to take the missionary discussions!! We called him last night to see if that was true and if he would be willing to set up a time to meet with us and he said yes!!! Ah!!! Then at interviews President Archibald told Sister Nielson about a recently married couple that is moving into our ward. The husband is not a member and the wife is very active. They came on Sunday and the wife wanted to go to Gospel Principle class. Sister Nielson and I gave a very rough lesson, but Chris said that he would be willing to have us over and teach him!! Yes!! THEN we have heard about a part member family that moved into one of our wards. We have been waiting to get an address so we can go and visit them. When we got our mail on Sunday we also got a teaching record of the father! He was last taught in November so we want to get in asap! He has had all of the lessons so we just need to figure out why he hasn't been baptized. And then the last one is a members son and he's girlfriend (they are in their late 30s) just had a baby. They are engaged...not sure when they are getting married. From what we have heard from others the wife, Stephanie, has prayed and pretty much has a testimony that the Church is true. Sine the birth our their baby, I guess the less active husband has been much more open a willing to let the member neighbors talk to him. Please pray for us that we will be able to get in with these part member families and teach them!!!
This week is looking like a very promising week! I love you all and I'm grateful for the Easter season we have to reflect upon the Savior's life and His Resurrection! What a blessing it is to know that He has overcome the bands of death and that we are saved from death and the grave.
LOVES!!!! - Sister Josie Douglass
No comments:
Post a Comment