Oh, my goodness it is transfers! Wow! Surprise, Surprise, Sister Nielson and I are staying here in Okotoks. I’m actually very grateful for that because I was having a little freak out this morning thinking about what would happen. I will worry about that in six weeks. J
So, the most exciting news is that I have for everyone is... WE HAVE A NEW INVESTIGATOR WITH A BAPTISMAL DATE!! Yes, yes, it is true. Colin Hill is married to a member and he was talking to the Bishop and mentioned that he would like to take the discussions!! We contacted him and set up an appointment for last week. We asked Colin about his religious background and he has had many LDS friends and his wife, Holly, and her family has been very supportive. He said that over the past year everything has just clicked and he’s wondered why he hasn’t seen the blessings that the gospel brings before. Last week we asked if he would be baptized and he said yes! The date is May 12!! Ah! It’s so exciting! I am so excited for him to start his journey in the gospel.
Now, Brother Cranmer on the other J Oh my, he is SO sweet. We are continuing to make a little progress with him. He says that once he knows the Book of Mormon is true he will be baptized. Yeah!!! He is reading the Book of Mormon with Sister Cranmer every day. I challenged him to pray with Sister Cranmer after they read to know if it is true. I know he will get his answer. Hopefully he will recognize his answer.
Sister Nielson and I think that this transfer is going to be a transfer of baptisms! We have had a lot of members who are thinking about neighbors or friends that they would like to share the gospel with, we are praying that they will act on their promptings.
Then there is the Bruce family. They are gems. Sister Bruce is from England and Brother Bruce is from Scotland. They know the Douglass’!! They said that I look Scottish ;) And I told them that we are relatives from the Black Douglass. Guess who their relatives are? ... the Bruce that we carried the heart to the Holy Land. It’s a small world. J They have a book with the history of Scotland. I have been surprised at how many people immigrate to Canada from England. They are very missionary minded and they are the family that acted on their impression to invite a family. I’m sure we will have a least one lesson with one of their neighbors.
The Lord loves us and blesses us so much!! This week is going to be great and it’s so exciting to look forward to a baptism!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE you!!! Thank you for all your support, love and prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment