Background

Thursday, May 17, 2012

BAPTISM!!


May 7, 2012
Dear Family,
 
Well what a week! I want to start off with Colin's Baptism, but I
think I will save the best for last :) There are so many amazing families in the wards we are over.  I seriously am going to miss them so much when I leave.  We had dinner with the Moore family on Monday.  Sister Nielson kept saying how excited she was that we were having dinner with them.  Now I know why. They are so cute and hilarious!! Sister Moore is from the UK - around
the London area...I think it's called Burkshire... probably butchered that spelling, but whatever. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard at a dinner appointment.  It was just what I needed.  They told us about their neighbors and how they feel that they need to share the gospel with them.  If they don't contact them this week they said we should knock on their door.  I am looking forward to having dinner again with them soon!
 
Wednesday we had a lunch appointment with the Bidlingmaier family. They are soooo sweet.  They are from South Africa and have the most polite manners.  I love going there because they always refer to us as the "Lady Missionaries". They have an adorable dog, Penny.  I think she's a Bishon mix, but she's warmed up to me. :) They are so missionary minded and have committed to get to know their neighbors in their cul-de-sac.
 
Then...Colin's baptism!!! When we were getting ready to start the baptismal services, who should walk in, but President and Sister Archibald and the assistance.  My heart rate went through the roof and I got soooo nervous.  We were giving the 1st lesson in 10 minutes while Colin and his father-in-law changed. Well the baptism was so nice. Colin's wife, Holly, was crying the entire time.  Their best friend, DJ, sang "I know Heavenly Father Loves Me" and she got crying so she couldn't sing.  But, she sang the song so tenderly that it brought the spirit into the room. 

We showed the First Vision from the Restoration Video and then we just wrapped it up with the Book of Mormon.  When a member, Brother Kyle, got up to talk about the Holy Ghost he just paused and said "Do you feel that? The Spirit is so strong in this room." And it was! It was just an overwhelming feeling of peace, comfort and love. Sister Nielson and I got so many compliments for our part.  We have been working really hard on memorizing the bullet points in the back of each lesson in Preach My Gospel.  It was a testimony to us that it is truly inspired and that is all we need to teach.  Sister Nielson and I are still feeling like everything is so surreal with Colin.  He was just so golden.  But it sounds like Heavenly Father has been helping Colin for the past year in preparing him to join the church.  Colin was confirmed on Sunday by his friend, Lucas De Silva.  It was soooo neat!!! The blessing was so specific and powerful.  Ahh!!! It's just so great!!!!! No worries, I will send pictures ASAP! They are such a cute couple! And their little boy, Beckam is to die for! He has the biggest brown eyes I have ever seen.
 
One of the neatest things that happened on Sunday was during sacrament
meeting.  Richard has been coming to church ever since I have been here.  His parents were totally against him looking into a church, but they are coming along.  Richard got up and bore his testimony about how he finished the Book of Mormon and he knows that it is true!!! We introduced ourselves to him and he said that he father doesn't want him to meet with the missionaries.  We told him we will respect his father's wishes.  Pray that his father will soften his heart.  At least Richard can come to church!!!
 
Things are going so great! Despite it snowing for a while on Saturday ;) I am so grateful for our Savior and all that He has done for us! I am so grateful that He provided a way for us to become clean so we can live with our Father in Heaven again someday!

LOVES!!!!!
-Sister Josie Douglass

No comments:

Post a Comment