Background

Friday, May 4, 2012

It's Almost May!

I am so excited for Saturday!! Colin is getting baptized!! He is so solid and fun to teach.  I was asking him what he knew about keeping the Sabbath day holy and he rattled off all of the bullet points from the pamphlet/Preach My Gospel.  I was like...yup, will you continue to keep the Sabbath day holy? :) Colin is like a sponge and so eager to learn.  She is very excited that he is wanted to get baptized.  She said that she hadn't really expected him to get baptized when they got married.  Next step - the temple!!!

Oh my Elders.  They are a hoot when we are role playing with them using Brother Cranmer.  An Elder and I were teaching Sister Nielson who was being Brother Cranmer.  Sister Nielson and I were trying so hard not to laugh.  We agree that Heavenly Father loves Brother Cranmer so much that that is one reason Sisters have been in this area for almost two years.  The Elders would just get frustrated and drop Brother Cranmer.  But, dispite Elder Lewis being so frustrated, Sister Nielson and I did use some things that he talked about in our lesson with Brother Cranmer.  We were more bold with him and I told him, "Brother Cranmer, the Book of Mormon is either the word or God or it is not.  Black or white."  We, once again, went over Moroni's promise and Sister Nielson asked, "Brother Cranmer, are you putting conditions on the Lord's promise." He said possibly. We told him that by putting conditions on the Lord's promise he won't be able to get the answer that the Book of Mormon is true.  We stopped by a few days later to set up our next appointment and the Cranmer's were talking about when they will be going out of town.  Sister Nielson pointed to May 12 and said, except you will be home that weekend for your baptism, right? Brother Cranmer said "possibly". We both almost fell over. That is the CLOSEST he has ever been to saying yes.  Usually he just says "we'll see." Keep praying for him! :)

We had another incredible lesson with Heather.  Duncan, Heather's 17 year old son, actually stayed and listened to the entire lesson.  Heather actually would step up and teach some of the lesson to Duncan and in return I think she taught herself more that we could have.  She told us to keep coming back. :)

Saturday was fun.  We helped an investigator move.  I haven't had a lesson with Pam since I've been here, but we think once she has moved the Elders will be able to get in and help her continue to learn about the gospel.  We had an angel come and help us.  Brother Stewart came and brought his two oldest children,   They have six children, they all start with J, I told them that I could fit right in with the family. :) Their daughter is a talker and so cute.  I was wearing my shirt that we made for Sadie Hawkins that said "Don't you wish you were me." She saw that and said, "Yeah, I do wish I was you. I want to be a missionary." Haha, so cute.  She then talked to Pam about the church once we left.  She rattled off on some of the articles of faith and the Standard of Truth and told Pam that our church is the true church.  Sister Nielson and I told Jocelynn that we should take her to more of our lessons. ;) Brother Stewart helped out so much with helping Pam move.  He offered to let her use one of their trailers to store some of the things she has that she doesn't have room for.  Ah! He is a saint!! Sister Nielson and I were a little stressed out before because we couldn't find someone to help us. We have a little Subaru and we can't leave our area.

Despite our lack of faith with finding people last week Sister Nielson and I are going to do our best to have more faith with tracting and we will find some new investigators this week.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!!!
-Sister Josie Douglass

No comments:

Post a Comment