Background

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I Got Some Sun In Canada!


Transfer news is in and...I am staying in Okotoks! Sister Hoyt will be my new companion.  She trained Sister Mazzolini down in Lethbridge.  I was a little nervous about leaving, so my nerves are down and I am looking forward to what the new transfer is going to bring.
 
Last week we finally were able to have a lesson with Brother Cranmer. They had us over for dinner since it was Sister Nielson's birthday. We had a really really really good lesson with him.  He is getting so close to accepting the invitation to be baptized it kind of hurts! He said that he does feel that his faith in Christ is increasing (which is huge for him) and then we asked him if he has the desire to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, he said yes.  Well...that means that you have to be baptized first.  
 
We had a good short lesson with Michelle.  She asked about receiving answers to prayers because she had been praying about something for a while and she feels that she isn't getting any answers.  We shared the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants that talks about peace filling our hearts and minds.  After we talked she paused and said "oh, I guess He did answer my prayer and I didn't realize it."
  
Sunday was Stake Conference, but it was a very special stake conference. It was a satellite broadcast from SLC to all of Canada!!!  It was pretty sweet. Elder Walker from the Seventy spoke along with Sister Stephens (new 1st Councilor in the RS Presidency), Elder D. Todd Christofferson and President Packer.  They talked a lot on the importance of temples, raising families. And I loved what President Packer said, he talked about how the gospel isn't easy, but it is much easier to live it than by any other way we can live.
 
Yesterday we had another lesson with Anna.  She is amazing and so strong.  She is really interested in the gospel and she told us that right before she divorced her husband she was at her ends wits.  She just said a prayer and...the sister missionaries showed up at her door!!! She has had some very powerful spiritual experiences with people on the other side of the veil.  She is being prepared!! We don't know if she will be baptized by us, but we are a part of her life for a part of the harvest season.
 
I am so grateful for our Savior and His Atonement.  Last night we finally were able to get in with a less active sister.  We went over Elder Bednar's talk from the April Ensign that talks about the Atonement.  I asked her if he would offer the closing prayer and she gave one of the most sincere, heartfelt prayers I have ever heard.  It was amazing!!
 
The gospel is wonderful!!! I am so grateful for the comfort and strength it gives me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment