Background

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tornados, Rain and Walking :)


First off, don't freak out, Okotoks was not hit by a tornado.  But there have been a few tornado warnings for southern Alberta.  It's been a little stressful, but nothing has been close to Okotoks.  People assure me that A) tornadoes up here are very rare and B) they are nothing like the tornadoes that hit tornado alley. But that was one "excitement" for the week.
 
I can't believe it's June! Seriously, it feels like April/May weather.  It's very odd weather for Sister Hoyt (from Arizona).  One member told us that the past two years June has been their wettest month.  Crazy.  We are in the process of getting a hold of a member who has bikes that we can use.  I'm not superly excited about biking in a skirt, that just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, but it will be much more effective than walking everywhere. 
 
And now for the TWO most EXCITING news for this week.  The Sister's Specialized Training is this Thursday!!!  I am just thrilled to pieces to finally get some information about the Temple Open House AND to be able to visit with all of the Sisters in the mission.  It's going to be so fantastic!!! They finally announced the dates for the temple open house and dedication!!!!!!!!!!! The Open House will be September 29 - October 20 and the Dedication will be October 28!!!   :)
 
One miracle that happened was we felt that we should tract in a cul-de-sac.  We knocked on a door and a young mother answered.  She said that she believed in science and not God.  We tried to be more bold and to press her with questions.  She said that she felt that we all have a purpose in our life and she's trying to figure out what that is.  She also told us that there have been some recent, unexpected deaths in her family and she is trying to figure out why that happened.  We left her with a Plan of Salvation pamphlet and she said she would read it and that we could come by this week and see what she thought about it!
 
We have a new investigator!!! His name is Malcom Duncan and he's from South Africa.  He is very open minded and he really wants to read and study the Book of Mormon.  We are to invite people to baptism on our first lesson and Sister Hoyt said it was my turn to do it.  I was super nervous, but we practiced a few times and I felt more comfortable do it.  When I extended the invitation I felt the spirit and I knew that I was doing it just fine.  I was doing what the Savior would do if He was here teaching Malcom.  Malcom was super nice.  He said that he couldn't accept the invitation until he knows that it's true and then he kept apologizing just to me about not accepting it. :) We can tell that he is super prepared and since he has the desire to read and learn more he will be able to come to know the truth for himself.  
 
I guess when I look at this week and I think about all of the small miracles we have had it helps me to carry on and have the motivation to keep going.  Especially when we had a tough lesson with a potential investigator.  Jane is recently separated and had a 18 month old.  We found out that she talked to the Spanish Elders up in Calgary because she backed into them...We told her that God has been giving her chances to hear the gospel.  She was open and willing to listen, but she was just stuck on some things that she couldn't accept.  Oh well, we are doing our best and the Holy Ghost will testify to them. They have to be willing to let the spirit touch their hearts and they have to be willing to act on the message.
 
I am looking forward to this week! Miracles are going to continue to happen.  God loves us sooooo much!!!! The Book of Mormon is amazing!!! And it is true!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment