Things have been pretty great and windy. We had a good lesson with Jen. We are really trying to help her understand how the gospel will bless her family. We read The Family Proclamation to the World with her and she really liked it. We talked about how God's standards do not change. Jen agreed to come to church! And she did!!! We know that she was pretty nervous about coming, but we think she had a good experience. Pretty much all of the lessons and talks were on families. :) God's timing is perfect and He KNOWS us. Hopefully this week we were be able to be more bold and help her resolve concerns that she has about setting a baptismal date.
In the hustle and bustle of the temple open house I think that I may have forgotten to mention: Chris from Okotoks got baptized!!! President gave Sister Rice and I permission to go down to Okotoks with Sister Hoyt and Sister Newby. It was such a great experience. Working at the temple open house in the morning and then going to a baptism that evening, what more could you ask for as a missionary? :) The spirit was very strong and Chris was just glowing. I know that this will help him tremendously in his life. Ah! It's so humbling to be able to see some fruits of your labors.
Our wards are really gearing up to help us out with missionary work, which is so exciting!!!! I know that as we do our part we will be able to continue to see miracles in this area.
The only sad thing that happened this week was no temple trip. Ah I was slightly devastated, but I got over it. A huge winter storm came in and the roads were pretty bad. (I think it dumped about 4-6 inches of snow). The ward temple trip was canceled and we called around to see if anyone could take us, but it was a no go. Sister Rice and I agreed that there must be a reason for it and Heavenly Father was probably protecting us from something. Hopefully Sister Garner and I will be able to set up and time to go down to the temple. I miss it bunches.
Sorry this is kind of short-ish and pretty vague. I'm a little distracted with transfers....but I know that Heavenly Father loves us and He has given us families so that we can learn and grow from each other. I know that as we do the small things of reading from the scriptures, praying sincerely every day and attending church that we will receive revelation. We may not know everything, but doing the basic things we will be able to know enough.
Love you!!!!
-Sister Douglass
No comments:
Post a Comment