Background

Friday, February 22, 2013

Insert Interesting Subject...

20 Feb 2013
 
Dear Family,
 
I am really confused about where this last week went.  It just flew by, but then again last Monday seems like it was ages ago.  I do not understand.  This week was pretty busy, which was fantastic! We had four investigator lessons, which I believe is the most I have had in a week.  We are hoping one will get baptized soonish- but he and his girlfriend need to get married.  They want to stick with their original wedding date of June.  And we need him to gain his own testimony.  He has told missionaries that he is just doing it for his girlfriend.  Our lesson with Sam was alright.  We had been planning to have it on Wednesday, but his day off got switched so we had a quick lesson with him on Tuesday.  Apparently he believes in the trinity and there is a bigger language barrier than we anticipated.  At least when it comes to talking about the gospel.  Hopefully we can get him to church on Sunday and get him to read from the Book of Mormon.  Wednesday was great fun because we had to go on splits. Not because we hate each other, because we had too many teaching appointments for the evening! Woot woot! I went with a return sister missionary and Sister Little went with a less active sister that is coming back to church.  Annelisa and I taught Barb, and she had read from the Book of Mormon! We went over Chapters 1 and 2 of 1 Nephi and read Chapter 3 with her.  Barb liked 1 Nephi 3:7 and she wants to do a self evaluation of the Ten Commandments to see what she need to work on.  We talked a little bit about the Sabbath Day and she told us that she is having a mini rebellion against God right now.  She is really trying to accept His will, but is having a hard time with it.  She has been very religious her entire life, so going to church is very familiar with her.  She is very excited to meet with us again.  I am praying that she has an incredible experience with the Book of Mormon and she will just feast upon it! We had a quick lesson with Sharon and she is feeding us tonight.  Her ex-husband is a member and Sister Little started teaching her when she was in the other ward (right next to our ward). Due to the ward boundary changes we now have Sharon in our ward, yeah! Sister Little bought up a really interesting point.  She was convinced that she would be leaving this transfer and when she didn't she told me, "Oh, yeah. We were suppose to be together during the temple open house, so we would have served two transfers together.  Also, we must need to teach someone in Arbour Lake area because Arbour Lake was a part of Royal Oak, which we would have been together for." Interesting how God works things.
 
Friday was my year mark. Yikes. I don't want to talk about it- but the sister I went on splits with sent me a very nice text.  It was Zone Conference and it was amazing! I just love being spiritual fed.  I was reminded about when I get a prompting, just follow it.  "Revelation is pouring down like rain, are we open to receiving it." I have decided that I need to refocus my thoughts and recommit myself to the Lord. Not that I have been doing bad, but after a reevaluation, that's what I came to a conclusion of.  President Nicholas asked each of us, what are we still willing to sacrifice for the Lord.  So I have been thinking a lot about that lately.
 
Sunday was a little crazy.  We have to try to figure how to attend two wards that start at the same time that are in two separate buildings (they are about 10 minutes away from each other).  We had the chance to teach Young Women's, which was fun.  It was interesting seeing the new curriculum. Good stuff.
 
Any who we have another busy week ahead of us.  Hopefully we can get our investigators to progress and come to church!
Love you all lots!!
-Sister Douglass

No comments:

Post a Comment