Background

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Look to the Lord and Live!



2/25/2013

Again Sister Little and I were blessed with a pretty busy week. I cannot remember if I told you about the Bates family or not...so I will just do a quick reminder.  They attended the Calgary Temple Open House and their daughter was the #100,000 person to attend.  They have been wanting to meet with the missionaries since then and due to scheduling conflicts...still have not met with us.  Our appointments on Monday fell through so I suggested that we stop by the Bates - and they were home.  We asked them why they thought it would be important to meet with us.  They said they hadn't really thought about it before.  We were able to give most of the first lesson and they just nodded in agreement the entire time.  They are searching for a church to join and they are so prepared to hear the gospel, but Satan is causing such opposition when it comes to meeting with them. We set up a return appointment and even a back up appointment and their kids got strep throat...so we couldn't meet with them.  Please pray that we will be able to get in and teach them soon.

We also had a really good lesson with Barb this week.  She is loving reading the Book of Mormon and we encouraged her to visit lds.org and listen to some Conference talks.  Barb said that when she is doing research is when she usually gets answers from God. We asked her to pray out loud and to pause after the prayer and listen to what God would say to her.  She did and Barb said "trust, trust, trust" was what she heard.  She is having a really hard time accepting God's will right now.  We shall see what our next lesson brings, what the Lord has told her to do. :) She is so great! Once she gets over this trial I feel that she will progress to baptism quickly.

We had some other pretty fantastic lessons this week. One was with Edward, the man from China.  We focused our lesson on the nature of God and prayer.  Edward didn't want to say the closing prayer, but he said he would think about what we have taught and would consider giving it next time.  Although it kind of seems that he just wants to meet with us to practice his English, I think what we have taught Edward he really has been thinking about.

Other exciting news - three of our investigators came to church! Hopefully they will be progressing towards baptism soon! We are having a get together this week with some of the part member/less active/investigators in the ward.  It's going to be amazing! Also, we got permission from President to watch the CES Broadcast this Sunday!!!!! I am so stoked because I LOVE CES Broadcasts!!!! Yeah!!!

Things are going great! Hope you all have a wonderful week!
-Sister Douglass


No comments:

Post a Comment