4/8/2013
It's snowing outside. Welcome to
Calgary. I thinking Sister Fenn is having a harder time with it than I
am. People don't seem believe me when I tell them Cache Valley has
very similar weather. We're use to it being funky, especially during the
spring.
If this letter seems a little
scatter brained I apologize, I woke up with a headache and it has not gone away
so I'm having a hard time concentrating. Don't worry, nothing too serious, just
enough to make it a little more difficult to think.
We have been seeing small miracles
this week. At our dinner appointments with members we have been asking
them to pray for our investigators. We were able to get a hold of two of
our investigators that we have not been able to get a hold of for about three
weeks. We had an appointment with Sharon, but she had to reschedule for
this week. We asked the RS President to invited her over to dinner when
she is feeding us this week. We are really trying to get the Ward Council
involved more with our investigators and really trying to work on having
members at all of our lessons or members invited investigators to have lessons
at the members home. We saw the Bates and they are really close to
dropping us. :( Sister Bates told us they are just so busy with life and
lots of things are happening right now, so church is not at the time of their
priority list. We talked to her about General Conference and asked her to
watch/listen to it and we promised that she would receive guidance for what she
needs to do in her life. We are hoping that we will be able to get back
in this week to talk about it. Our ward mission leader came with us to some
appointments that we had set up. He is so great at helping people feel
comfortable and just reminded them that we are here for them, no matter what,
and that we hope they always feel welcomed at church.
We also got in with a less active
who wants to come back to church. I cannot remember if I told you about
Brittney or not, but the Spanish Elders tracted into her back in December and
we have been trying to get a hold of her since. She told the Elders that
she wants to come back to church, but is scared to do so. We had a good
conversation with her and she just let everything out. Another miracle
for the week- she scheduled a return appointment with us! It's really tricky to
tell people to come back to church when they do not know anyone in the ward, so
we are taking the RS President with us and hopefully we can work through some
of the concerns that she has about coming to church.
Now onto the big news...General
Conference!!! Okay - Cedar City is getting a Temple!!! I am super surprised by
that announcement. Sister Fenn and I have been talking about what
"themes" we picked up from this Conference. The two that I got
were: true discipleship and obedience. So good. I just love Conference. It's
the BEST!!! I have to admit I was having a hard time with the realization that
this is my last Conference on the mission. Some of the Elders like to
remind me of that fact. I was a little emotional during parts of Conference,
but over all I was just filled with a sense of peace. I just have to trust
in the Lord that all will be okay and that His ways are not my ways, but He
will lead and guide me. And I just have to say: I love when General Authorities
talk about musicals. :) Oklahoma and Les Mis!!!! Yeah! Sister Fenn also is a
huge Les Mis fan, which is great. Most of my other companions is not
super familiar with it.
Any who, we have interviews this
week and hopefully Sister Fenn and I will be able to go to the Temple! Hope all
goes well for you and it is not snowing in Utah. ;) Lots of love!
-Sister Douglass
No comments:
Post a Comment