5/27/2013
I want you to do transfer
predictions for, as we say in missionary lingo, where I am going to
"die". You can either point somewhere on the map of the mission and
guess OR I will give you the zones for the mission. Please do it! It
should be fun! Possible prize for the winner, but don't count on it. :) Zones:
Airdrie, Calgary Zone, Calgary North, South, East, (I'm in the West...probably
won't be staying), Foothills, Ft. McCloud, Lethbridge and British Columbia. :)
Yes, transfers are next week and as
always, I am hating the unknown. I know that there is a really good
chance that I will be purging my last area. Which will be an adventure in
itself, but I still had not knowing until the day of.
Last week was pretty good. I cannot
say anything extraordinary happened, not that you expect it to happen. But we
did have a neat tender mercy. We had a ward chili cook off and we were
really trying to get the Bates there. We had members of the ward council
email them during the week with a spiritual thought and some of them told us
that they invited them to the Chili cook off. They did not show up, but a
former investigator did! And Brother Hartzler showed up with some non members
friends! It was pretty great!
We had dinner with Thandi again this
week...and much laughter ensued. Previously this transfer...maybe even
last transfer we were giving so much bread! It has been sitting in our freezer
so we asked Thandi if we could come over and make french toast. It was
amazing. Missionaries love breakfast for dinner because we don't have
enough time in the morning to make a nice sit down breakfast.
A less active member that we have
been working with returned from her holiday in Las Vegas. Lisa has told
us that she wants to learn how to make Cinnamon buns. We have been
wanting to get her visiting teacher to come over and teach her how....hopefully
that will happen this week. I would be in Heaven. :)
We were able to have another lesson
with Barb. We thought she was still out of town, but she came back on
Wednesday and will be leaving for another holiday in a few weeks. We
watched the 20 minute Restoration video which hopefully helped her understand
Joseph Smith better and to help her gain a testimony about him. We read 2
Nephi....29..? The chapter that talks about the learned man not being able to
read a sealed book. I felt pretty special being able to explain the story
- thank you Martin Harris Pageant. ;) Barb is super sad that I will be leaving
and she wants to feed us dinner. Yeah! It will be amazing!
We will keep working hard this week
and we shall soon discover what our fate is. :) ie - me possibly being the
Sister Training Leader and Sister Fenn training.
Love you lots and lots!!!!
-Sister Douglass
No comments:
Post a Comment