Background

Monday, March 26, 2012

Winter Wonderland!

Well, so much for spring.  It has been snowing the past three days.  Nothing major, but it's been around 20-30.  Brrr... I am praying very hard that it will not snow this weekend because Brother Cranmer needs to listen to all of Conference.  If it snows he will have to go out and shovel/plow roads. I will talk about that later.

THANK YOU FOR THE LETTERS!!!!

Our District Leader, Elder Stephan was making fun of me because I got EIGHT letters on Friday!!! He said that's more mail he has received since he has been on his mission.  When he called to check up on us that night he wanted to know who they were from.  I told him half of them were from dad. Haha! Ah! It was so nice to hear from people. Thank you thank you!!

This week has been pretty good.  Defiantly some ups and downs. Miracle for Sister Douglass.  I wanted to get a purse/satchel for myself because the backpack was a wee bit too bulky.  It was on sale for $20.  I went to the register and asked if I could pay in American money. She had to call up the manager and they were trying to figure it out.  Finally they just scanned the bag and it was only $5!!! I had $5 in Canadian money! Yeah! The Lord looks out for His missionaries, even with simple things. :)

Thursday was a specialized training meeting up in Calgary.  It was focused on how the  Book of Mormon is the essential tool for conversion.  Sister Nielson and I want to use this as a door approach "We have a gift for you, it's from God.  If you read it all of your questions will be answered and you will find true happiness. Take it and read it." Yeah...we will see if that happens. President Archibald told us that we need to do what Elder Holland says to do when we find out that people have not been reading the Book of Mormon - we need to be devastated.  We are to casual about it.  He says we need to be like Captain Moroni with the sword of Laban...yeah...that was a funny image in my mind, but I know what he was saying.  We then listened to a talk that Elder Bednar gave to the mission presidents before they came out.  He said that there are three reasons it is the greatest tool we have. 1- It is a key of our witness of the Savior - Clarity and teaches doctrines of Christ 2 - It is relevant to our day 3 - It is tangible evidence - reality that cannot be ignored. Ah! So much good stuff and too little time to talk about it.  I LOVE Elder Bednar, he's so amazing.

Friday we were suppose to do service at Sister Fancourt's again, but she was too tired.  So we watched another Conference talk, "The Songs I cannot sing" By Elder Cook.  While we were talking Sister Fancourt mentioned how she is a convert.  Sister Nielson then asked her how she came in contact with the church and her conversion story.  We are excited to go back and talk to her some more.  We told her that it is Conference this weekend and she seemed really excited about it.  We feel that she is so close to coming back to church.  We're going to try and find someone to help fellowship her.

That evening we got a call from a member that we had given the 7 Day Challenge to (We ask them to find someone in the next 7 days for us to teach in their home).  He was wondering if we have 2 Books of Mormon that he could give out. YEAH!!! I love when members to their missionary work! I'm excited to follow up with him and see how it goes.

Saturday was crazy, but good.  We found out that there was a less active/part member family moving into one of our wards.  Sister Nielson and I helped unpack the kitchen and talked to the mother.  She is interested in having us over and wants to hear the missionary discussions! yeah!  We stopped by Karl's to see if he was coming to church.  He said that he wanted to, but he has to find a place to move into asap.  He has to be moved out by Saturday.  We asked about his reading and he has been reading from the Book of Mormon EVERY NIGHT! I was so happy I could have fallen over!! Not only that, but he is sharing what he is reading with co-workers and applying what he is learning to their lives! What? Ah!!! I am so happy for him, but I'm a little heart broken that he is moving out of our area.  We will be threatening the Elders that get him...or Sisters. :) A little while later he sent a text that said (We had made him some cookies) "And I texteth unto thee: these are the most awesometh cookies ever." It was probably the best text I have gotten since I've been out ;)

Sunday was great.  The mission leader in the DeWinton ward said that he feels that we are on the verge of a ton of miracles happening.  I can feel it too.  We have a lot of members who have a non-member friend, co-worker or neighbor and they have felt that they should talk to them. We are so close to having some new investigators!

I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God! I know that as we feast upon the word we will find answers to our questions.  Heavenly Father loves us so much and wants us to be happy!!

I want to hear from everyone what they learned from conference/favorite speaker/talk!!!
LOVE YOU!!!!
-Sister Josie Douglass

No comments:

Post a Comment