Background

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Banff times three... I am so spoiled



3/13/2013

I shall have to keep this quick, due to us needed to leave for South Calgary in 20 minutes.  Trainers training was great. Sister Hoyt did not come up from the South :( Sad face. The sisters from the South missed their turn off so they were an hour...maybe more like two hours late to the training.  The arrived right when we were leaving.  I got to talk to Sister Garner for a few minutes which was nice.  I did find out that I will be staying with my Trainee for the full twelve weeks. Some of the Sisters that are coming out will be training in six weeks. Yikes.  That also means that I will have another 6 month area. Which sort of boggles my mind.  Sister Little is being transfer up to Airdrie, which is where she began her mission, but it will be in a different ward.

We had a amazing lesson with Barb.  She is progressing so much! She loves reading from the Book of Mormon and I can tell the spirit is really touching her as she reads and talks about it.  We were heartbroken when we had to tell her that Elders would be in her ward. :( But I am going to put my trust in the Lord and know that this is happening for a reason.

We also had a fantastic lesson with Erin - she's a less active coming back to church.  She fed us dinner and we talked a lot about the plan of salvation (she had just come from a funeral).  She is living in a house that each person is renting out a room. So, one of her male roommates, Chris, had dinner with us and sat in the lesson.  He's the one that commented about our singing.  So, Sister Little and I each sang a hymn and then we sang one together and bore our testimony.  They both were feeling the spirit very strongly.  We gave Chris a Book of Mormon with our testimonies written in it. They are both sad to hear that we won't be in the ward any more and Chris said that he would try to read the Book of Mormon before Sister Little's farewell - which they both want to attend.

Banff was great again.  We got separated from our members for a little bit, but no worries. We prayed and we found them five minutes later. :)

Sorry this is short.  I'm sure there will be lots to talk about next week.  I'm going to be meeting my trainee tonight...eeek!

Lots of love!!!!
-Sister Douglass

No comments:

Post a Comment